The iPad is an important gadget for a person that neither wants to use a MacBook or an iPhone. MacBook, on the other hand, is a complete laptop except that you can use for all your computing needs. Though you can use an iPad for most of the functions of a MacBook, there are functionalities that it does not have. If you’ve never used these devices before, it can be very difficult to decide the best for you. Here are some of the major differences between a MacBook and an iPad to help you understand them better:
This is an obvious observation but it is worth noting. An iPad is smaller in size which makes it possible to use it anywhere without arousing suspicion. For a MacBook, you need to find a good place to use it as it is bigger in size. You’ll have to place it on your lap or on a stable surface to be able to use it.
If you need an electronic gadget that will allow you to access the web, play music, type some few texts, display photos or watch some videos, an iPad will be the ideal gadget for you. If, on the other hand, you’ll be typing extensive documents, regularly use spreadsheet or you need to prepare complex presentations using heavy texts, a MacBook is your best choice. The MacBook will also be convenient for presenting photos, videos and carrying out music-related tasks.
Some iPad models, especially the older one have a better battery life compared to MacBooks of the same age. You’ll be able to use your iPad 10 times longer without the need to recharge which makes it more convenient where there is no constant source of power. With the latest development of MacBooks, however, they have a battery that lasts longer than that of an iPad.
MacBooks are the best choice if you have a browsing history, software, files or any other important documents you want to preserve. You’d not be comfortable using an iPad that does not have adequate storage space. However, if you are a fresher at the university and only have a few reports or papers to store, you’d be okay using an iPad. You’ll be able to have fun using your iPad, carry out the necessary research or write courses using a detachable keyboard.
As you can see, both the iPad are wonderful electronic gadgets and your choice will depend on how you want to use it. In short:
- iPads are multimedia devices whereas MacBooks are laptops.
- iPads have a 3G ability whereas MacBooks do not
- iPads are smaller in size compared to MacBooks
- iPads’ specs are more inferior compared to those of MacBooks
- You can upgrade a MacBook but you can never upgrade an iPad.
Which is the Best iPad to Buy?
There is no time you’ll ever go wrong with iPads whether you want a sharp screen, pencil support, fast processor or a more affordable option. If you need an iPad that will play the role or a laptop, there is the right option for you.
Apple has a wide range of tablets with many people referring to the company as the tablets king. The iPads are available in varying prices which makes it possible for you to afford one regardless of your budget. Here are some of the best iPads you can get on the market today:
The 9.7 inch iPad is the best tablet that does not cost much despite having the amazing features with the more expensive iPad Air. If you’ve always desired to own an iPad but was unable to afford the pricey models, this is a good option for you.
- Sharp, clear screen with a pixel resolution of2048*1536
- Long battery life
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- Supports the use of the Apple pencil
- No lag
- Works with different Bluetooth keyboards
- More advanced app library & accessory support compared to Android phones.
- More affordable
- Attractive screen
- Does not have the advanced A12 processor you’ll find on other iPad models.
This is an improved version of the old generation iPad Air model such as the home button and thinner bezels. The iPad is mostly preferred by students who are going back to school due to its high functionality and affordable cost.
- Bigger storage configuration
- Smart-looking laminated screen
- Affordable smart keyboard
- Fast charging
- High-resolution front camera
- Higher performance compared to iPad 9.7
- Longer battery life usually 10 hours
- An old design that is not as attractive as the new models
the iPad Mini is a perfect choice if you love small tablets that do not cost too much. Though it still has the thick bezels like the older models, it has the modern specs which make it more updated.
- You can use the 1st generation Apple pencil which makes it a great option for taking notes or drawing
- Sharp pixel resolution screen that allows you to watch videos, read, or get creative.
- Available in silver, gray, and gold colors and you can choose the one that pleases you most.
- Bigger storage of either 64GB or 256GB and you’ll select the one that
This iPad model has smaller bezels, sharp screen, and a powerful processor. It also has amazing accessories such as the Apple pencil and is available in varying screen sizes between 11 inches and 12.9 inches.
If you are a digital artist and requires room for roaming, the 12.9 inches screen is the best for you. For most people, however, the 11 inches screen is perfect.
- Powerful processor that surpasses some laptops
- 64GB storage
- You can use the advances Apple pencil
- Wireless charging that you’ll store by attaching it to your iPad
- High-end performance
- Expensive to buy
10.5 Inch iPad Pro
This iPad has a 10.5-inch screen and would be ideal if you love larger screens that will make it possible for you to watch your favorite programs. You can also attach it to a keyboard which will make typing quite easy.
- Beautiful screen
- Sharp resolution
- Speedy performance
- Supports the Apple pencil
- You can use it as a tablet or a laptop
- Expensive to buy
Best MacBook Models
When looking for the best MacBook model to buy, your choice will depend on a number of factors. If you need longer battery life, go for the 13in MacBook Air. If storage is your main concern, the 15in MacBook Pro is a great option, and if speed is what you need, buying the 15in MacBook Pro would really help. Here is a closer look at some of the best MacBook models:
The MacBook Pro is among the best performing and affordable MacBooks in the market today. it has hexa-core eighth-generation processors and a RAM of 32GB, nothing will hold you back when using it. When buying the MacBook Pro, you’ll need to choose from a wide range of options as they are available at different prices. Here are some of these options:
- MacBook Pro 2017 13inches without a touch bar and 128 GB memory – $1299
- MacBook Pro 2017 13inches with a touch bar and 256GB memory – $1499
- MacBook Pro 2019 13inches with a touch bar and 256GB memory – $1799
- MacBook Pro 2019 13 inches with a touch bar and 512GB memory – $1999
- MacBook Pro 2019 15inches with a touch bar and 256GM memory – $2399
- MacBook Pro 2019 15inches with a touch bar and 512GB memory – $2799
Cost: $1,299 for the 2018 MacBook Air, 13inches and a memory of 128GB
MacBook Air is a sleek, light laptop that has a 13inches screen and its introduction into the market brought the much-awaited upgrade. It has touch bar sensor that you can use to make it more secure and a very fast SSD storage. MacBook Air also has an amazing sound which makes it quite exciting to use. To make it even better, the MacBook is environment –friendly since it is made using recycled aluminum. The battery life is also longer which allows you to use your machine for up to 10 hours without the need to recharge.
The only downside of the MacBook air is, however, not as fast as people expected and if this is what you are looking for, you’d better look for another option.
If you are looking for the lightest and the thinnest MacBook in the market today, the 12in MacBook is the way to go. It has a 12 inches screen which is smaller than that of MacBook Air. The downside with this model is the poor battery life which means you have to use it where there is a reliable source of power. If you’ll be using it on the go, the battery will be a huge drawback.
Both MacBook and iPad are amazing gadgets with each having its highs and lows. When making a choice between the two, you’ll need to consider the purpose for which you are buying it and the amount you want to spend on the purchase. If you have the funds, buying both gadgets would be a great idea as you’ll reap the benefits of both. You can be using your iPad as you travel since it will arouse less attention and keep the MacBook for the more advanced tasks.